No matter what your needs are whether you are Buying, Selling, Property management, or Renting - a U1st Realty Property Professional is here to help you through the entire process.
We believe that... "Working With You, Works For Us!"
Our Consultants' Standard Everyday Service Package - includes listening to your requirements and assisting you to achieve your dreams, because ALL our clients deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
Who We Help!
• First time investors looking to establish their financial foundations to grow a substantial property portfolio.
• Property owners looking to purchase a home to live in or upgrade their existing home.
• Advanced property investors with more than one property looking to continue to grow their portfolios
WHY BUY A DUAL OCCUPANCY (Dual Key) PROPERTY
A dual key property is essentially two homes in one. In general, a dual key property is not designed or approved to be strata-titled like a duplex, which means that both dwellings are on a single titles with one set of rates. Each self-contained residence is generally designed under the same roof so from the street the property resembles a traditional house.
The two dwellings in a Dual Key Property can either be attached or detached, separated by an approved fire wall system or physically separated. Generally, a Dual Key Property has 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms on one side (the 'house') and 1 or 2 bedrooms on the other. Each home has a separate entrance with full facilities including a kitchen, bathroom, laundry, bedrooms, living areas and car accommodation. The size of the property and the number of bedrooms allowed is different from one Council to the next.
This type of property continues to be the product of choice for many investors as an approved Dual Key Property provides investors with two rental incomes from the one property.
A DUAL KEY PROPERTY IS A SMART INVESTMENT CHOICE
- Having two sets of income produces a higher yield which generally makes this type of property cash flow positive
- Reduced risk of the property being vacant with no income being produced as normally one side will be tenants if/when the other becomes vacant.
- No body corporate fees or strata fees as the dwelling remains on the one title.